Friday 5 September 2014

5x5

5x5:

5 artists:
Vampire Weekend - I love their slight reggae feel, and they were always playing in my dad's car.
Mark Ronson - He plays all the instruments himself, which is amazing, and his renditions of songs are as good as the original (if not better, in some cases).
Haim - I kinda love that they are made up of three sisters (I am the second sister of three).
Hot Chip - I really like the electronic sounds, and their melodies are catchy. They have cool/weird music videos, also.
Tchaikovsky - Classical music pulls at my heartstrings; I love playing it, and dancing to it, just as much as I love listening to it.


5 album covers:
Cross / Justice - Simple and effective, yet pleasing to the eye, I also love the album.
So Long See You Tomorrow / Bombay Bicycle Club - It looks like an unconventional calendar, and the times of day and night are displayed brilliantly.
Vampire Weekend / Vampire Weekend - The chandelier is lovely, and so is the filter used.
Super Model / Foster The People - Creepy, colourful and detailed. Matches the album perfectly.
The Trick to Life / The Hoosiers - Pleasing to the eye, reminds me of a 3D book I used to have when I was younger.


5 (art) artists:
William Morris - I would happily wear all of his prints, and if I could, would plaster them throughout my house.
Valentina Ramos - The detail she uses for her illustrations make them beautiful and interesting.
Matisse - I am not as keen on his portraits, but his collages of sea creatures and plants are wonderful. I love the colours he uses.
Liselotte Watkins - Her style of illustration is different and refreshing, particularly her fashion sketches.
Gustav Klimt - His paintings are always beautiful and I love recurring use of the colour gold.




5 films:
Napoleon Dynamite - Funny, and his life is so unlike mine that I can't help but laugh.
Amèlie - I think the storyline is excellent, and it has such gorgeous images and colours.
The Shining - I love being scared, and this is a scary film.
Ballet Shoes - This is the film I watch when I'm ill, it is comforting and heart-warming.
Polar Express - The ultimate Christmas film.


5 songs:
Waltz of the Flowers / Tchaikovsky - Classical music is one of my favourite genres, and I performed in a ballet of the Nutcracker approx. 6 years ago, and so I have a soft spot for this. My favourite part is the minor phrase towards the end of the piece.
Lady Madonna / The Beatles - The piano riff is so catchy and fun.
Feel Good Inc / Gorillaz - Again, this is another song/artist which was constantly played by my dad, and reminds me of day trips out when I was younger.
Mind Mischief / Tame Impala - Summery and carefree.
Machu Picchu / The Strokes - It sounds almost 80s inspired, with a catchy beat and his voice is so nice to listen to.




No comments:

Post a Comment